Baby Tan is six months old. Her parents enrolled in the Baby Shower Program soon after she was born. When Tan was one month old, her father was convicted of a crime and was sent to jail for 2 years and 8 months. Now Baby Tan's mother and grandmother have to make a living by selling vegetables. Their lives are difficult, and the wounds in their heart are deep. Please pray for comfort and provision for this family.
A few families in the Baby Shower Program need our prayers of healing:
1. Mrs. Wang is a mentally challenged mother and a heavy smoker. She cannot communicate well with others and has trouble taking care of her newborn son. Her husband also suffers from a mild mental disorder. Please pray that our merciful God would free Mr. and Mrs. Yang from their plight and provide a healthy environment for their son’s growth.
2. Mrs. Quan is now pregnant with her third child, but her previous C-sections have significantly increased the risks of this upcoming birth. As a result, all local hospitals have denied services to Mrs. Quan for fear of medical complications. With God’s guidance, our field workers have found a hospital in a nearby city that is willing to help Mrs. Quan give birth. Pray for safe delivery of Mrs. Quan’s child and God’s bountiful provision for this family.
3. Mr. and Mrs. Yan’s daughter died of lung disease 21 days after she was born. Please pray that God would comfort Mr. and Mrs. Yan’s wounded heart and give their daughter eternal rest in His loving hands.
Please keep the following two families in your prayers:
1. When our field workers visited Mrs. Feng this month, she told them that she was willing to read the Bible, but she also worried that such actions would infuriate her mother-in-law, who is a keen believer of the other gods. Please pray that Mrs. Feng can draw strength from the Lord and take a faithful step towards His welcoming embrace.
2. Mrs. Zhong’s mother-in-law has opened up her heart and is willing to learn more about Christ. She often asks our field workers to tell her stories about Jesus and his miracles. We pray that God would draw Mrs. Zhong’s mother-in-law close to Him, so that she can build a personal relationship with Jesus and have a first-hand experience of Jesus’ miracles!
When 27-year-old mother Mrs. Jiang became pregnant with her second child, all her friends and relatives suggested that she seek an abortion because raising two children would bring her enormous financial burden. After hearing the Choose Life message from our field workers, however, Mrs. Jiang bravely went against the tide and gave birth to her child. Today, Mrs. Jiang sees the baby as her greatest gain in life. May God use this precious child to fill Mrs. Jiang with irreplaceable happiness and peace!
Mr. and Mrs. Ou have two daughters, but like most Chinese parents, their desire is to have a son. Our workers have had difficulties changing Mr. and Mrs. Ou’s ingrained preference for males, mainly because of the couple’s reluctance to discuss this topic. With her first birthday approaching, Mr. and Mrs. Ou’s second daughter will be “graduating” from our Baby Shower Program next month. Please pray that God would create opportunities for our workers to bring life, value, and dignity to girls in this family before their service ends.